Friday, April 29, 2016

Hitched

It was 5 am and I just couldn’t stay in bed any longer. I was incredibly excited (and a little nervous), in exactly five hours I would be at the temple getting sealed to my sweetheart! I took a long, warm shower, which helped me relax, and my beautiful mom and sister helped me get all fancied up.

At 9:45 Mom and I hopped in the car and headed to the temple, which was only about five minutes away. We were almost there when, OH MY GOSH, I realized I left the marriage license back at the apartment! Of course I had to forget that silly piece of paper we couldn’t get married without.

We went back, retrieved the license and made it to the temple with a few minutes to spare. We found a place to park then hurried towards the entrance. You would think that after making a mistake once I wouldn’t do it again, but that just isn’t me. Instead of holding onto the license in the car, I had the genius idea to put it on the back seat. As we hurried toward the entrance, it hit me! The marriage license was STILL ON THE BACK SEAT! I skid to a stop, spun around, and ran back to the car to retrieve it for the second time. Sometimes I amaze myself.

When Jus saw me, relief flooded his face! “You’re late” he shouted. According to him, if you aren’t at least 10 minutes early, you are late and it was exactly 10 am.  As we walked into the temple Justin told me how nervous he was that I had changed my mind. Then, when he saw my mom walking toward him without me, he was ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE I wouldn’t be coming. It’s kind of funny how much he worries.

Getting sealed to Justin for time and all eternity is one of my favorite and most cherished memories. I feel incredibly lucky to have snagged him (I’m still not sure how I managed it). After all, he is handsome, tall, strong, kind, intelligent, funny, and as mentioned previously he smells pretty good.

After pictures and a luncheon, which I tried to convince Jus to skip but to no avail, (he is a guy and food is something that should NEVER be passed up) we went on our honeymoon. I wish I could say how much I enjoyed the beautiful mountains, lakes and trees where we went, but honestly we didn’t get out much (there is only one reason you go on a honeymoon).

Three days later, we left our cozy retreat and headed to my hometown for a ring ceremony and a reception.  It was a busy night and I don’t remember a lot from it, but my favorite part was when my dad walked me down the aisle. Isn’t that every girls dream?

It had been a busy week, and one that I will never forget. After all, it isn’t every day that you begin a new adventure with the one you love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment